Six records Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah can still break this season

With Mohamed Salah recently becoming the African with most goals in a Premier League campaign, here are six more records, including two held by Cristiano Ronaldo, the Liverpool winger can still break this season.
The Egyptian’s record hunt will likely continue against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, when he needs to score just one goal to equal the record for the most goals scored in a 38-game Premier League campaign.
Two goals would see him break Ronaldo’s best ever season in England, and also give him a massive boost in the European Golden Shoe race, and he could become the first African to lift that prestigious award.
1524228140_c9614
“As you can see last couple of games, the players are trying to help me a lot now to score goals, because they know now I am in for the Golden Boot. In the end it is an individual award, but it also helps the team gets the points,” Salah told Sky Sports about his chase for England’s Golden Boot.
“Before, when I was second to (Harry) Kane, I had a chance to score, I gave it to Bobby (Roberto Firmino) and he scored. I play football for football, not just to think about myself. I give assists, I create chances, because I can’t forget my position. I play still on the wing, not No. 9. I play for the team and everyone can see that.
“Now it’s very clear, I want to break the Premier League (record). 31 goals in a 38-game season. One goal to go, right? I want to break both records! It’s just four goals and four games!”
Salah currently sits on 40 goals in all competitions for Liverpool, and needs just seven more to match the club record from 1983/84. A goal at home against West Brom would also see him equal the club record for the most goals in consecutive home games.
1524228158_44cda
Six records Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah can still break this season Six records Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah can still break this season Reviewed by Lyrical on April 21, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Facebook

charlesnaija.com. Powered by Blogger.